The Maniacal Rantings of Lard Bobbo

Saturday, March 22, 2008

The End of Civilization As We Know It

...And yet...the promise that the one that is to come after will, at the very least, be entertaining. Such as I thought after seeing this:

For more information (such as what the hell is it!?!) go here.

These are, or to be more accurate, would possibly be, SPACE COINS! The Quasi Universal Intergalactic Denomination, or QUID (I know what your thinking, "Quid? Isn't that what the British sometimes call a pound? Sorta like when we call a dollar a buck?" yes, that's why they're sticking with it) is intended to be used when mankind finally decides to go and make those other space stations, that Moonbase, and that Mars colony he's been going on about (and womankind turns and says "Riiiiight, and is that before or after you fix that hole in the o-zone like you promised me?") where credit cards, checks, and atms cannot reach, and therefore cannot be used. And in the case of space stations, where coins and their (laughably) sharp edges can potentially cause serious personal injury and structural damage...*nods head*...thus giving new meaning to the term "cold hard cash." Unfortunately, I have yet to find a genuinely positive review of the QUID (closest I got was the neutral-goodness of WIKI) so I guess it's up to me *mutters: cripes!* Let us say that we do get visited by aliens, and let's just they need some change (bit of a stretch, I know, but...what are you gonna do about it?), so what do we give them: A dollar? Nah, the rest of the world hates us enough as it is without us declaring our superiority to the rest of the galaxy. A pound? Nope, same thing with the UK, I think... A euro? Eeeeh, maybe. A couple hundred yen? What? It's not my fault they ain't worth nothing! A dong? *snickers* That one just cracks me up. Hell no I say! Give 'em a QUID, buy 'em a beer, show 'em a good time, but most importantly, ask them what the hell could they possibly need change for!?!?

Well I was going to tell you about some of my predictions for this new way of "knowing" civilization, but oh good lord did I draw this thing on the coins out! But not to worry, I pretty much have them saved onto my computer. So tune in next week when we find out from what mythos will mankind ultimately use to name the last moons of the solar system, how space hotels will make artificial gravity even more fun than zero gravity, what humanity ends up doing to the first extraterrestrial life form it encounters (Oh don't even go there! That's just nasty!), a temporary fix that will boggle the mind, and what else I come up with over the course of the week. See you then.

LARD BOBBO HAS SPOKEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home