The Maniacal Rantings of Lard Bobbo

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shopping Excursion

Today I walked around Terre Haute trying to find a place within a 3 mile radius of my dorm to buy Star Trek: Encounters which (according to some sites) was released today. My pitiful attempt of breaking my old record of buying the Dune Special Edition DVD about 3 days after I saw the commercial for it. Needless to say, I did not find a store that fit the bill, but I did find where the Rural King is and the location of this town's crappy mall, The Meadows Shopping Center, complete with a branch of the Vigo County Public Library right in the middle of it. No offence, but that was LAAAAAME!!! Who puts a library in a crappy mall? That's almost as pitiful as Dollar General accepting Visa cards now. Who goes to a dollar store and uses their credit card. Come to think of it, didn't McDonald's pull a similar stunt earlier in the year? It sure makes me glad that all I have is a Debit MasterCard.

2 Comments:

Blogger rabidmonkey said...

but does the library have cool stuff like good cd's and dvd's and such? and if so, will they give you a card even though you don't exacly live there?

Oct 5, 2006, 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lard Bobbo said...

i doubt it, it was a library in what use to be a kinda small store in a very crappy mall, so i don't wanna even find out, i'd rather stop at the much larger library i saw on my way back to the dorm, but i don't need to, they have a perfectly good library on campus

Jan 12, 2007, 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home