The Maniacal Rantings of Lard Bobbo

Monday, September 18, 2006

The MySpace Medium

What kinda world do we live in when the dead can have their own MySpace page.

Of my hometown of Evansville Indiana (I know my personal info says I live in Terre Haute, but that's cause Indiana State University is nowhere else to be found) has its share of attractions: the Freedom Festival, Thunder on the Ohio (part of Freedom Festival), Ducks on the Ohio (well, alright, rubber ducks), the Fall Festival, and last but not least, Willard Library, the most famous haunted library in the continental US. And as such, they've put up webcams, and hoards of ghost hunters come around on Halloween to catch a glimps of the Grey Lady, and now they've given her a MySpace page, and she has 157 friends! WHAT THE HECK! Now don't get me wrong, I think she exists, but a MySpace page? C'mon, that's just plain silly.

6 Comments:

Blogger bibliophile81 said...

I'm pretty sure Johnny Cash has a myspace, and he's dead too. Actually, there are probably a lot of dead people in the music section.

Sep 30, 2006, 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Lard Bobbo said...

It's a crazy world, and I'm one of the crazy people who live in it.

Oct 3, 2006, 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger rabidmonkey said...

i'd be friends with the grey lady, 'cause it's cool to have a famous local ghost, but the comments lead me to believe that her friends are mostly really stupid teenagers.

i'm myspace friends with a dog, though.

Oct 5, 2006, 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Lard Bobbo said...

well rabidmonkey, y'know what they say, man's best friend, even though my sister has led me to believe that you are in fact a woman, LAURIE!!!

Oct 20, 2006, 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger rabidmonkey said...

your sister doesn't lie. well, she does, but not about that.

and the dog in question is actually my brother's, and he's a man. so i gues that means monk is A man's best friend, i'm just not the man.

Nov 2, 2006, 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Lard Bobbo said...

What makes YOU so sure she doesn't lie about that stuff, as for Monk, why let your gender get in the way of your friendship? I say go, hang out, have fun, get drunk, whatever floats your boat, and remember, in dog years I'm dead, I saw that on a t-shirt.

Feb 7, 2007, 7:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home